Still time to register for Jan. 27 Benchmarks complimentary seminar
At a complimentary CLE seminar at The Florida Bar Winter Meeting in Orlando, attendees will learn about the Constitution Revision Commission in the Benchmarks presentation called “Every 20 Years.” Additionally, they will get an overview of the other Benchmarks presentations about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights; the Courts and the Judiciary; and Special Topics. “Benchmarks: Raising the Bar on Civics Education” will be held on Friday, Jan. 27, from 9 to 10:30 a.m., at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, Miami Room 3. To register, please email Susannah Read Lyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Florida Bar News
The Jan. 15 Bar News is now available with stories including:
· The impact of artificial intelligence on the practice of law.
· A proposal to allow the Legislature to override Supreme Court decisions.
· A YLD video that tells the division’s story.
- 5th DCA - due Feb. 17
- New applications sought for Judicial Nominating Commission vacancies - Deadline, Feb. 6
- Statewide Nominating Commission for Judges of Compensation Claims Vacancies - Deadline, Feb. 17
Learn multiple tips and tricks for Microsoft Word, including how to convert a PDF to Word while IN Word ... For additional information on this tip and others, visit the Tech Tips page.
THE FLORIDA BAR JOURNAL JANUARY
The January issue of The Florida Bar Journal and digital edition are now available online, featuring articles on:
- Florida’s Revised LLC Act and involuntary dissociation of members
- Sentencing trends over the past 10 years since Booker
- Revisions to the Florida Health Care Surrogates Act
- Dog bite due process
Find a Lawyer
Daily News Summary
TALLAHASSEE DEATH PENALTY ATTORNEY HONORED WITH PRO BONO AWARDTallahassee attorney Mark Olive has devoted his legal career to defending Death Row inmates and fighting death penalty cases, putting in mor...
WANT A CHANCE TO SHAPE FLORIDA’S FUTURE? APPLICATIONS ACCEPTEDFriday [Jan. 20] is the last day to apply to be a member of what might be one of the most influential groups assembled in Florida in two dec...
THERE ARE GOOD PEOPLE IN OUR TOWN — A LOT OF THEM LAWYERSJoe Henderson writes: "There are great programs in Hillsborough public schools to provide free or low-cost breakfast and lunch for students,...