2015 Annual Florida Bar Convention
Join your colleagues at the 65th Annual Florida Bar Convention June 24- 27, at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. We hope you plan to attend the multiple CLE opportunities, Section and Committee meetings and special events including Judicial Luncheon and All Member Reception. Make your hotel reservations now at www.floridabar.org/annualconvention. Deadline approaching for Florida Bar Annual Convention Sponsor & Exhibitors.
Legislative Session Update
The weekly legislative report to Bar members for March 23-27 is now available. The recap covers the status of major issues of importance to The Florida Bar. Previous weekly updates are also available here.
The Florida Bar Journal
The April issue of The Florida Bar Journal is now available online, featuring articles on:
- Challenging transactions of a decedent
- Vision 2016 and the future practice of law in Florida
- U.S. tax considerations for entertainers and athletes
- Student athletes as employees
- Air rights and real estate
- 19th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission Vacancies to fill - March 31
The Florida Bar News
TheApril 1 Bar News is now available with stories including:
- The YLD launching a health and wellness month.
- A checklist for those representing child survivors of human trafficking.
- A measure that would end permanent alimony.
BOARD OF GOVERNORS May Appointments
Florida Rural Services Board of Directors Vacancy - Deadline April 10
Two lawyers to serve on the ABA House of Delegates - Deadline April 10
Find a Lawyer
Daily News Summary
SUNDAY'S LETTERS: FLORIDA BAR TAKES MISCONDUCT SERIOUSLYGregory W. Coleman, president of The Florida Bar, addresses the Times' March 26 editorial "Plea deal for lawyers too lenient" in a letter to...
A FLY ON THE WALL WITH 13 LAWYERS IN A ROOMA group of 13 lawyers gathered for the Tampa Bay Business Journal's Legal Roundtable on Feb. 23 to discuss various issues, from trends in th...
ALIMONY CHANGES MOVING FORWARDThe Senate Judiciary Committee unanimously approved a bill (SB 1248) that would end permanent alimony, create a formula for determining the ...